DCSW 2018 Recap
by DC Startup Week Team
Thank you for helping us make this the biggest DC Startup Week yet! This was our third annual celebration with over 5,000 attendees throughout the DMV. The 5-day interactive week showcased hundreds of regional startups, entrepreneurs and the regions’ bustling ecosystem, helping to further foster growth within the local startup community.
DC Startup Week participants networked and gained knowledge by attending thought-provoking, informative and entertaining panels, pitch competition, hackathons, exhibitions and discussions put on by more than 50 collaborating organizations including The Mayor’s Office, several coworking places, startups, corporations, nonprofits and educational institutions.
We put together 120+ sessions with 220+ speakers in 33 locations across the city, Northern Virginia and Maryland in just one week! We couldn’t have done it without you.
We ended the week with a Pitch Competition where the local startup, Twenty Tables won cash prizes from DC Startup Week and in kind prizes from its sponsors Google Cloud, GSP, Silver Strategy, Alley Powered by Verizon and Metamer Productions.
We thank all the sponsors, speakers, participants, volunteers and venues who made this the most successful DC Startup Week to date. We can’t wait to see you at future events.
In case you missed them, you can watch the week’s live-streamed sessions. Just click the links below and it will take you straight to the recording!
– DC Startup Week Team
View the Schedule and Speakers
Watch Now on the DC Startup Week Facebook Page!
*Feel free to share your favorites with your colleagues/friends!
- HireHer Panel: The Minority Majority
- Learn How to Maximize Mentor Relationships
- Panel: How to Build a B2B Sales Team
- Meeting the Challenges of Hiring Service Providers and Gig Economy Professionals
- Scale Yourself from Founder to CEO
- How to Know What Your Customers Want Before Building Your Product
- Panel: Virtual Reality/Augmented Reality & the Future of Content Marketing
- DevFest DC : How to Erase Unconscious Bias from your AI Datasets
- DevFestDC: Google + AI
- Panel: Are You Ready for the Spotlight?
- Bias Breakers and Being an Ally
- Panel: Creating Beautiful and Intuitive User Experiences
- 5G Future Series: Balancing Community Safety & Tech in a 5G World
- Corporate Partnerships: Part 1 – Community, Connections & Commitments to Closing Equity Gaps
- Corporate Partnerships: Part 2 – Community, Connections & Commitments to Closing Equity Gaps
- Telling Your Story: Why I Spent 600 Hours for a 7 Minute Talk
- Multi-Platform Content Marketing for Startups
- Video for Startups & Enterprise Business
- Pitch Competition: The Pitches
- Pitch Competition: Winner Announcement